This Optimized Pathfinder Wizard Blaster is an Asian Elf named Score Ch’ing Raymond (aka “Scorching Ray Man”). Through spellslinger he fires powerful rays, lines, cones infused with sorcerer orc and draconic bloodline powers. If the pistol malfunctions he cast the old fashion way until the pistol is mended. Now time for a song from Ohio Players to play respect to Score Ch’ing Raymond.
When you shoot those rays you got me so amazed and I kind like child. Yes I do. When you ignite a burst someone’s going to get hurt Best believe it child… cause it true.
FIRE, Da Da Da. Your setting creatures on FIRE. Woo Woo Woo Woo Woo.
FIRE, Da Da Da. Your setting creatures on FIRE. Da Da Da Da.
Note on Build Modifications – This pathfinder optimized wizard build is highly viable even without the campaign traits or Spellslinger archetype. I mention these because some GMs don’t like guns or traits. The heart of the build is the Sorcerer Crossblooded archetype, as well as, the Orc and Draconic Bloodlines.
Build Summary – Sorcerer1 (Crossblooded Archetype) / Wizard14 (Spellslinger Archetype) (School: School of the Gun) Sorcerer Bloodline are Orc and Draconic (Red Dragon for both). Opposition Schools are Abjuration, Divination, Enchantment and Necromancy. Standard Elf Traits.
Stats (25 points): Str (10); Dex (18); Con (12); Int (17); Wis (12); Chr (11) Stats (20 points): Str 10); Dex (17); Con (12); Int (17); Wis (10); Chr (11) Stats (15 points): Str (10); Dex (17); Con (10); Int (17); Wis (8); Chr (11)
Raising Stats – For 25 point builds put all leveling stats into dexterity. For the 15 and 20 point builds put 1 point into Int and the rest in Dex. These Stats don’t include bonuses from equipment listed below.
Campaign Traits: Magical Knack; Reactionary
Feat Progression: 1) Pt Blank Shot 3) Precise Shot 5) Spell Focus (Evocation), 6) Spell Specialization (Scorching Ray, @ 13th change to Contagious Flame), 7) Selective Spell, 9) Arcane Strike, 11) Spell Penetration (Evocation), Consecrate Spell, 13) Quicken Spell, 15) Spell Perfection (Contagious Flame)
Skills (90pts): Spellcraft (15), Know Dungeoneering (5), Know Nature (5), Know Religion (5), Know Arcana (5), Know Planes (5), Escape Artist (15), Acrobatics (10), Perception (10), Stealth (5), Swim (5), Fly (5). Figured off of an Intelligence of 18. Items will make Intelligence higher. Place extra points in the Knowledge skills.
Spells: The order in which the spells appear each level is the suggested order in which they should be learned. The wizard spells listed below assume that you only gain the spells per level that a wizard gets automatically. You will obviously get more than that. Choose additional spells learned wisely to match your campaign and party needs.
- Sorcerer – 0) Ray of Frost, Disrupt Undead, Spark, Mending; 1) Enlarge Person
- Wizard – Underlined spells are those that are usually prepared. The other spells are spells you would have most likely learned advancing (though there could be many more you have learned).
0) Read Magic, Detect Magic;
1) Burning Hands, Mage’s Armor, Magic Missile, Vanish, Obscuring Mist;
2) Scorching Ray, Invisibility, Glitterdust; False Life;
3) Fireball, Haste, Heatstroke, Fly;
4) Dragons Breath, Ball Lightning (2), Greater Invisibility, Elemental Body I;
5) Cone of Cold, Elemental Body II, Wall of Force, Acidic Spray;
6) Contagious Flame (2), Elemental Body III, Hellfire Ray, Summon Monster VI;
7) Elemental Body IV, Delayed Blast Fireball
Items: Spent 307.3K of 315K.
- Stat Related (56K): +4 Belt Tattoo of Physical Might (Dex/Con) (40K), +4 Headband Tattoo of Intelligence (16K)
- Spell Related (128K): 10 Pearls of Power (1st Level)(10K), 5 Pearls of Power (2nd Level) (20K), Rod of Echoing, Lesser (34K), Rod of Silence, Lesser (3K), Rod of Extend, Lesser (3K), Empowered Rod, Lesser (9K), Dazing Rod, Lesser (14K), Quicken Rod, Lesser (35K)
- Weapon / Armor (74K): +4 Pistol (32K), +3 Ring of Protection (18K), +3 Amulet of Natural Armor (18K)
- Other (44.3K): Efficient Quiver (1.8K); Reservoir Tattoo (5K); Handy Haversack (2K); Cloak of Elvenkind (2.5K); +5 Cloak of Resistance (25K); Fogcutter Lenses (8K); Wand of Mending (325 gold)